os9 printer

W

wa9zug

I have a new iMAC which is my upgrade from power pc. I am using my claris draw application from previous computer. When I open files of Claris Draw the iMAC goes to OS9, but, when I try to print to my new hp psc 2410 it won't let me because the 2410 is not in the OS9 chooser menu. Printer works ok on other stuff like excel and word, which I loaded from the Office CD software that came with the iMAC ( of course in osX). Can I do what I ask or do I need to buy new draw type software and convert the old files when I open them?

OP
B

Badger

OS X and OS 9/classic use different printer software, even for the same printer. Installing the OS 9 printer driver should solve the problem.
Badger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
If the driver installer doesn't work in Classic, try restarting with OS 9 as your startup system. You should be able to install the drivers in OS 9 without a problem. Try to print in OS 9 before switching back to OS X. If the printer works in OS 9 you should be good to go in OS X.

OP
W

wa9zug

immdb said:
If the driver installer doesn't work in Classic, try restarting with OS 9 as your startup system. You should be able to install the drivers in OS 9 without a problem. Try to print in OS 9 before switching back to OS X. If the printer works in OS 9 you should be good to go in OS X.
How do I start up in OS9?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Open System Preferences and select Startup Disk. Once you select it your available systems will be displayed in a window. Select the folder that has Mac OS 9 on it and then click on the restart button.

OP
W

wa9zug

immdb said:
Open System Preferences and select Startup Disk. Once you select it your available systems will be displayed in a window. Select the folder that has Mac OS 9 on it and then click on the restart button.
No os9 in sytem preferences only os10 and a network startup logo. When I look at "show all" in my system preferences I see the classic 9 logo in the System area I wonder if I can somehow load the printer software into os9

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.