Love my Mac but..

k3s

Reaction score
Well i purchased a refurbished macbook off apple. Love it installed leopard on it since it still came with tiger. But there is one problem. I installed the whole Adobe suite (cs2 version - photoshop, indesign etc.. ) but i have one problem. When i am running both photoshop and indesign either one tends to quite on me unexpectedly. It's fine if it is indesign since it has an auto recovery mode, but photoshop does not. But it should not be doing that. Could there be anything wrong? I just got the macbook some 2 weeks ago.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Ah really? Problems ill see and run the recommended solution. Thank you.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Okay well i found out i don't have the apple leopard restore disks. Is there any other solutions anyone knows about? I have done research but nothing usable has come up, any other way and or is apple or adobe going to release a patch for it.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Okay well i found out i don't have the apple leopard restore disks. Is there any other solutions anyone knows about? I have done research but nothing usable has come up, any other way and or is apple or adobe going to release a patch for it.

Well i finally found out Adobe is not addressing the issue, therefor i also believe Apple will not also be fixing the issue. Instead if you want a trouble free machine you have to upgrade to CS3 which i cant since i poured all my money into the notebook, and cant afford to purchase the suite again after buying CS2 not too long ago. Any other solutions not mentioned?

M

MacHeadCase

Well i finally found out Adobe is not addressing the issue, therefor i also believe Apple will not also be fixing the issue. Instead if you want a trouble free machine you have to upgrade to CS3 which i cant since i poured all my money into the notebook, and cant afford to purchase the suite again after buying CS2 not too long ago. Any other solutions not mentioned?

It's certainly not up to Apple to fix Adobe issues.

Adobe chose to let CS2 users stranded if they upgraded their Mac OS and Apple should certainly not stop upgrading their OS because Adobe is strong-arming its clients.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
It's certainly not up to Apple to fix Adobe issues.

Adobe chose to let CS2 users stranded if they upgraded their Mac OS and Apple should certainly not stop upgrading their OS because Adobe is strong-arming its clients.

Yea that is what i mean, it leaves us who use adobes products then upgrade and or have leopard in the dark. I just wish adobe would have done something, but i will have to live with the problems since there is no way for me to upgrade right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
The only thing you can really do is go back to OSX Tiger if you really need the adobe suite to function properly.

M

MacHeadCase

Yea that is what i mean, it leaves us who use adobes products then upgrade and or have leopard in the dark. I just wish adobe would have done something, but i will have to live with the problems since there is no way for me to upgrade right now.

Adobe is not dominant in the graphics apps for nothing. In a lot of ways, the company's business practices remind me very very much of Micro$oft. And just like M$ they buy competitors : so you as a graphics designer are left with less and less choice for software.

And Adobe is taking its own sweet time in tweaking CS3 apps for stability issues too. A teacher of mine has on his iMac at home the latest Leopard version and the CS3 suite, and he finds Photoshop quits on him a lot more than when he was on Tiger with the CS2 Suite. And it's not like the guy does anything and everything to his iMac : he knows how to keep his Mac in top shape and is a great troubleshooting expert when things go wrong with the system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.