Mighty Mouse Button Programing

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been a PC user for ever and decided to make the move to a MAC and have been extremely happy with my choice. I got a iMac 2.8ghz, 2gb ram, 24" with a 500gb HD. It ROCKS!!.
The mouse i use with my PC has a scroll wheel that functions as a button (like most scroll mice) that i have programed as a "back" command. Its great when in a browser you can just click the scroll wheel and navigate back to the previous page. I would like to program the wheel button of my mighty mouse but i can't figure out what the "back" command would be called or if its even an option. Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks!!

TonyD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You need a 3rd-party "universal" mouse driver to do the trick. SteerMouse and USB Overdrive are both great choices that give you all the flexibility you need to program those extra buttons on any mouse.

Reaction score
Sorry if this doesn't help but (for mighty mouse users), does your mouse connect to your laptop/desktop automatically by bluetooth everytime you start up? Because it'll be a pain if you have to connect manually everytime.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Jeremy I use a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse through a USB Dongle and works each and every time. Only trouble ever is waking from sleep takes about four seconds to reconnect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.