Leopard "ACL MISSING" errors; ARGHHH! Leopard is a MESS!!!

Reaction score
I just tried to repair perms on my SR Macbook... fans ramp up to full tilt, progress bar stays in the same permission for AGES... and I get the errors shown below. I am starting to HATE Leopard - is this normal, and can someone explain in LAYMANS TERMS what on earth this ACL thing is, and will 10.5.2 fix it?. Getting very annoyed. Thanks.

I have attached the log:

View attachment Installer Log 2-Feb-2008.txt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
2 post within minutes shows your panic. I have no help but have you tried Apple Care since it is a new machine? I have SR Alum iMac and it is odd as well but the OS is catching up with some of the quirks. Call Apple and tell us what they suggest.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
From the Apple link above:

"Any message that starts with: 'ACL found but not expected on...'.

Solution

You can safely ignore these messages. They are accurate but not a cause for concern."

that's pretty layman... probably need an engineer, that wouldn't speak layman to get a better understanding of what it is....

I would suggest doing a manual download and install of 10.5.1 - eliminated most all of those error messages on my MBP

OP
M
Reaction score
From the Apple link above:

"Any message that starts with: 'ACL found but not expected on...'.

Solution

You can safely ignore these messages. They are accurate but not a cause for concern."

that's pretty layman... probably need an engineer, that wouldn't speak layman to get a better understanding of what it is....

I would suggest doing a manual download and install of 10.5.1 - eliminated most all of those error messages on my MBP

My Software Update already did the 10.5.1 upgrade and anyhow; you are using a PRO, whereas I am just using a MB - there is surely a difference?!.

Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
My software download, and many others began this issue after "our" Software Update did the 10.5.1 upgrade.

The manual download and install eliminated all of the SUID messages except for the ARDAgent. Give it a try. If you don't want to try any suggestions, not much point in asking the questions.

A difference? In the spec of the hardware, yes; in how OS X and your software run, no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Mine has done this on both 10.5.0 and 10.5.1 without any change. I just ignore it but usually send Apple feedback every time I run repair permissions and notice it thinking maybe if we keep filling their feedback box with it they will do something about it. Feel free to do the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.