Installed Leopard - some intersting issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
I did a total wipe and install to leopard (I had installed it over tiger previously and had problems).

In terms of performance it is a lot better than it was. I do have a problem though - I have searched and cannot find anything. I hope someone can help.

The F-keys (F7 - F12) don't work like they used to. They used to enable me to control itunes playback and change the volume / mute etc...

Now If i press them nothing happens. How do I get this back?

thanks guys.

M

MacHeadCase

I might be totally out in left field here (I am still using Tiger) but did you check your System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse and see if in the Keyboard Shortcuts tab, the key combo is activated or not? Or if you can assign the behaviour to this keyboard combo?

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Its on the keyboard tab where it has a check box that says to "use all F1, F2 keys as regular function keys," uncheck that then go to the shortcuts tab and change them to whatever you want them to do by clicking the + sign and adding applications to keys.

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
Sorted it. I just clicked the restore to default button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.