does anyone know...

W

Wapa18

who makes the hard drives apple uses in its newest powerbooks? like the manufacturer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
OP
R

Ryanstech

I am pretty sure Apple still uses IBM Hard drives in their powerbooks, At least that is what I have found in the majority that I have taken apart. Correct me if I am wrong guys I haven't taken apart any of the newer aluminum books.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I've got a Toshiba in my old 12" PB too.

You can check the manufacturer of the HD and CD/DVD drive in any Mac you have physical access too with the Apple System Profiler (Apple Menu > About This Mac> More Info)

OP
W

Wapa18

technologist said:
You can check the manufacturer of the HD and CD/DVD drive in any Mac you have physical access too with the Apple System Profiler (Apple Menu > About This Mac> More Info)

yeah i knew about that method, but i just don't have access to a powerbook. thanks!

OP
C

Crypto

Hi there

The original HD for my tibook was an IBM, I think, but I bought a new one an Hitachi (that now belongs to IBM's HD section, or vice versa) and it's much more silent :) It rocks

[[]]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
I have a 17 inch alum (its like 2 months old) and it has a toshiba

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.