sending high importance emails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
how do I make an email high importance when sending from the Mail app?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
how do I make an email high importance when sending from the Mail app?
Never send low importance email? O:) Other than spammers, do people actually use importance ratings?

Here's your real answer. From the pulldown menu, got to Message> Mark and you'll see options at the bottom of the list for low, normal, and high priority.

I found this with the help function. From the pulldown menu, go to Help> Search and enter "prio" (w/o quotess) and you'll see the options listed. "Help" is rather useful on the Mac.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
High priority e-mails ...

I must say that I find the "Mark as high priority" option something of a pain. Various companies that send me boring, run-of-the mill messages routinely mark them all as "high priority". With gmail, this results in two messages appearing. (Some friends do the same but I've not yet had the guts to tell them not to bother.)

M

C

chas_m

I have a rule to send "high priority" emails straight to Junk because they are NEVER, in fact, of any priority to me whatsoever.

I'd suggest instead that you focus on crafting a subject line that makes people aware that your email is important enough (TO THEM) for them to read it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.