• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

my Emac wont burn

Reaction score
please can someone help, i can burn really really slowly with itunes(x12) at the most, at these speeds the finder wont verify it and at even(x4) toast want work at all, ive tried cleaning the lens and lots of different Cd's but still the same problem,and all the surgestions on the apple info site. its so frustrateing it feels as though ive only got half a computer,all surgestion gratefully received

M

Mr.Curlynose1

Are you using lighter fluid?

Hahah, just kidding. I'd say you may have a firmware/drive problem.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Since we don't have enough information, here are your questions.

What is the top speed of your burner?
What type of media are you using?
What is the max speed of the media you are using?
How much RAM do you have?
Out OS level are you running?
How much disk space do you have available?

Just a few questions that may help some one to give you an answer.

OP
S
Reaction score
it was the drive after all

alas after several different brands and lots of grief it turned out to be the drive,at least ive still got my years worranty! thanks alot for all your sugestions. slipmat79

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.