Just got the Imac G5!

R

Ryanstech

Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? We ordered a few last Friday and I just got my 20" in! I can't stop hugging it! :) here are some pics.... I'm itching to take the back off and see the inside, I will try and get some pics of that if you guys are interested (with a better camera)

P0005364.jpg

P0005362.jpg

OP
P

psychotoe

I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago.

Where are you located. I'm in Toronto

By the way thanks for the pics, it only make me want mine even more!!!!

Congrats!!!

OP
R

Ryanstech

I am in Chicago. I can't believe this thing! It's not just the normal white casing like most emacs, imacs, this thing has about a centimeter of clear plastic which makes it shine a lot. It's like a giant iPod! My next action is to get the back off and look inside this beast

OP
R

Ryanstech

The inside.....breathtaking in person let me tell you! First picture shows the 3 screws on the bottom to remove the back panel, the second picture is the back panel and hinge for the stand. The other two pictures are of the inside.

P0005365.JPG

P0005369.JPG

P0005371.JPG

P0005373.JPG

OP
R

Ryanstech

I just showed this off to someone in the office and they asked... "Does it run Windows XP?" As you can imagine I felt like breaking the guys nose, but he doesn't even know the difference between a printer and a phone. Harmless.

I want to look deeper inside but it's only 2" thick so it's all pretty much right in front of you. I might take the casing off the G5 chip and heatsink 2maro to see what they did with that.

OP
A

adiliegro

I got my first one today too. I am anew convert to the Mac and picked mine up from the Apple store (drove two hours one way to get this beast). I got the 17 inch monitor, and I already LOVE it!

OP
R

Ryanstech

I'm taking my job for granted lately, this is almost as good as being an Apple certified product reviewer!

P0005382.JPG

P0005383.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Congratz yo! I checked them out at the store and believe I have seen the beginning of the revolution! ;)

OP
M

Matt

Im using my PC at the moment and when a Pic finishes loading XP automatically zoms out. This is where I can see the beautiful glow of that LCD! Whats the screen like? Good? Great? Unbelieviable?

Also, if you've got some information you would want to get from those cool Powerbooks to your new iMac, follow the link within this link. It's an iMac G5 only feature.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9627

OP
A

Antix v5

I just got mine from the apple store last thursday. Its my first Mac and i love it, exept the ram wtch will be fixed soon.

OP
N

ninjasquid

Forgive me, but I'm new to mac land. Will be getting a new imac shortly. Can someone explain to me the difference in the keyboards in the picture aboce. One has protruding keys while the others' keys are more fluch mounted. We will be ordering our imac with the bluetooth keyboard and mouse, which keyboard layout will that have??

-Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I am not sure what the Keyboard on the left is but the bluetooth keyboard looks just like the wired keyboard which is the one on the right

OP
M

Mainyehc

ninjasquid said:
Forgive me, but I'm new to mac land. Will be getting a new imac shortly. Can someone explain to me the difference in the keyboards in the picture aboce. One has protruding keys while the others' keys are more fluch mounted. We will be ordering our imac with the bluetooth keyboard and mouse, which keyboard layout will that have??

-Alex

The other keyboard is not an Apple Keyboard; Apple Keyboards have protruding keys and a transparent plastic casing (both the BT and regular versions).

OP
M

Mainyehc

Btw...

ANd btw, just got my 20'' iMac G5 yesterday... The display is AWESOME!! It's pro-stuff! It's viewing angle reminds me so much that of the Cinema Displays, that I'm actually wondering if my screen isn't actually one of those with a G5 computer attached on it's back!
I always had a gripe with my iMac G4 screen's vertical viewing angle; the colours didn't look the same on both ends of the screen ;) As for the horizontal viweing angle, when I had someone beside me, looking at the screen, I had to rotate it so the difference in the colours wouln't be so noticeable. Miss that iMac G4's rotating neck? Well, it's no longer needed, trust me! And the height adjustment, in this new iMac G5, would only add to the ergonomics, not the actual viewing experience... It's not needed, too. Of course, get yourselves a VESA mount if you like it better than the aluminium stand, I'll be sticking with that :)
I have a 17'' iMac G4 beside this one, and all I can say is: "iMac G5 screen: gooood! iMac G4 screen: baaaaad..." Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating... I'm still not sure if the 17'' iMac G5 has also such a great screen, but I'll let you know...

OP
T

tom555

I ordered the new I Mac a week ago and i am still waiting for it. It looks like it will take 3 more weeks until i get it. I ordered it in the German I Mac store in the Internet.

It is my first Mac to and i cant await the arrival of this fine piece !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.