iSync push out contacts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
People are always posting problems, well I thought I'd post a solution.

So I was playing with iSync and my new Nokia 8800. I then decided to sync my other phone, a Motorola Razr, but then I ended up with 2 sets of each contact. So I deleted the contacts in address book, synced and synced again so the contacts would come across just from my Nokia. However, instead, the contacts vanished from my Nokia. I realised this was because I had updated the database on my mac more recently than the phone by deleting them.

So I did Edit -> undo, but this wouldn't push the contacts back out to my phone.

The solution? I backed up my contacts to an archive, deleted them all, then re-imported them, overwriting the database. This then meant that it was more up to date than my phone, and so overwrote the phone with the contacts!

That was a scary half hour while I worked that one out!

Let me know if this saves anyone having to type in 500 contacts!

Reaction score
Im actually having problems trying to sync my N73 to isync for the first time. Ive got a Blackberry connecting through pocketmac perfectly though.

It wont keep a connection via bluetooth either. Dunno whats wrong. It recognizes the device both ways just wont sync.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.