.Trash ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
Hey, so I got my MacBook a few weeks ago and today for the first time I connected my 1GB Kingston Data Traveler to it. I wanted to upload a file, and saw some old files there, so I decided to delete them (just dragging them to the trash).

Later I connected the pen drive to my PC and it showed folders in it, like this .Trash folder, and the amount of space these folders were occupying was something like 13MB (and all I had in there officially was a text file).

Should I have deleted them in some other way? :Oops:

Reaction score
Any file that begins with a period should be invisible, but they do show up as you have seen. When you say that you dragged the files from the thumb drive to the Trash did you then empty the Trash?

OP
MissMurder
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
Hmmmmm... no, I didn't. :D

[And my windows is set to show invisible files because of the many problems i have when my mobile phone is connected to it.]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I see this all the time, the Trashcan on external drives is stored on the drive itself. I set Windows to show hidden files because I want to see what's going on, so all the Mac hidden stuff shows up. I general I just ignore them, unless the trash is taking up space I need.

OP
MissMurder
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nokia 3250... I always have problems deleting themes...
I haven't tried doing anything with it on the MacBook yet (except pairing them, which didn't go well -- my phone doesn't really recognize the computer or something.)

I'm still learning a lot about my mac, so I'll try working with "stuff connected to it" later...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.