MacBook Track-pad button and Sleep?

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I received my MB 2.Ghz core 2 duo just 2 days ago and I've got two questions

1.Track-pad button, should this be raised above the casing (where you rest you palms). I just thought that it should be more recessed and in line with the track-pad and more firm. Its about 1mm above the casing.

2. When I sleep my MB is it all right to put it into a case/bag?

Reaction score
Yes it's fine the mouse button should be slightly raised. I leave my MB asleep in my slip case while at college and it's always been fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Yes it's fine the mouse button should be slightly raised. I leave my MB asleep in my slip case while at college and it's always been fine.
Same as me.;D

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
My is also raised above the casing.
The left-side of the trackpad button became unstable a few weeks ago and it feels like I have to click twice to get a single click now... I'm probably going to bring it to the Apple Store in a few days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white 2.16GHz, 2G RAM, 120G HD
I once left my MB in sleep mode in my case, only realised i forgotten to turn it off after 5 days, but everything seems fine, still wake up instantly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.