my macbook has become a lil slow ?

Reaction score
i have this macbook for about a month and it seems to have become a lil slow

now i am a newbie so all help n how check some things that might be slowing it down please help me out

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Check activity monitor. (applications/utilities) See if something is maxing out the CPU.
Slow in general or using Apps?
How much ram is installed?

OP
S
Reaction score
just sluggish with web ages and such

i looked at the activities and i have 4 dashboard clients in there is that normal and if not how do i get the other 3 out of there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
The individual widgets appear in Activity Monitor as separate processes called "<widgetname> Dashboard Client" (e.g. "Calendar Dashboard Widget", "Flight Tracker Dashboard Client" and so on), and these can be shut down if they are misbehaving.
The widgets could be running in the background eating resources if not written properly. Also they can be updating in the background, so check dashboard. You're likely to be seeing the latest weather, stock prices or whatever else your widgets are doing.
If all else fails, you should have a file named com.apple.dashboard.client.plist in your Preferences folder, drag it to the Desktop and reboot.
homefolder~library/preferences/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
Clear your Safari cache under the Preferences menu as well, it could be you're building up a back up of files Safari is slogging through (Firefox as well).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Here are a few things you can do:

1/ Check for any widgets running in the background that are not Intel native. Activity Monitor shows you whether processes are Intel or PPC. Get rid of or upgrade any PPC ones.

2/ Get OnyX (excellent freeware) and run its maintenance routines, and then reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.