Where should I buy?

Reaction score
So I'm going to buy a macbook on Saturday. Should I go 5 minutes down the street to Fry's, or 30 minutes to an actual Apple store? Is there a difference price-wise or if I need a warranty or service?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I would not expect their to be any real differences, but the apple store is a much much nicer experience, and they will answer all your questions and make sure you get the right set up for you and all that stuff... so i would go to the apple store especially since it is your first purchase of an apple computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
I would not expect their to be any real differences, but the apple store is a much much nicer experience, and they will answer all your questions and make sure you get the right set up for you and all that stuff... so i would go to the apple store especially since it is your first purchase of an apple computer.

I bought my MacBook at Frys and saved a whole five bucks! LOL

In all seriousness though, I had a much better experience when I bought my PowerBook from the Apple Store. Frys is a bit too pushy on the upsells for my taste.

k3s

Reaction score
Yep and also some frys are carrying some older stock. Plus they seem to push you to buy the computer. Apple store would be your best bet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
CompUSA... they are going out of business and all Apple products are 10% off... if you can find any left.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Try Amazon. They have been running rebates of anywhere from $75 on up, depending on the Mac. Free shipping, and no tax.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You might also want to check out online Mac retailers such as MacMall.com and MacConnection.com. They usually offer great bundle deals and don't charge for shipping or tax. Not having tax can be a huge savings.

I wish I had known about these sites before buying my Macbook, I would have saved at least $100.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
i would go with Apple, they are the experts, if it is your first mac they'll answer all your Q's etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.