New Forum Area

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83 gHz, 2Gb RAM, OSX.5
As I have been looking through some of the forum areas, especially the "Windows/Linux/other" one, I see many threads about boot camp/virtualization. I think it would do this site well to have an area for just boot camp/virtualization just to clear up some of the space on other areas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I agree with what you're saying but I suggest something different.
In the Apple Desktop group for example people must pick which model desktop (iMac, Mac Pro, mini) they're asking/ talking about. On the bottom of the page there is a "Display Options" banner that lets users choose a prefix so they can filter only iMac threads if they wish.
It'd be nice if the "Other OS'" discussion group got that same treatment so people can filter out what they don't want to see.

M

MacHeadCase

IMO, I don't think the forum's layout and organization should be changed: this is a Mac forum.

Windows works on the Macs thanks to Boot Camp, Parallels and the like. I don't see what the forum would gain by giving Windows an even bigger place or a more elaborate sub-forum, quite frankly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I think it would do this site well to have an area for just boot camp/virtualization just to clear up some of the space on other areas.
That is exactly what the "Windows, Linux, and Other OS" sub-forum is for:
Mac-Forums Home Page forum descriptions said:
Windows, Linux, and Other OS
Discussion of running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What about the use of prefixes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What about the use of prefixes?

What would the prefixes be? IMHO there isn't enough clear segmentation in that forum to warrant the effective use of prefixes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Windows XP, Vista, Linux, I don't know what Ubuntu is but it seems a lot of people run it. I assume there are a few more people have questions about. I am not doubting your judgement seeing you've been here longer than I have but I'd think it'd help out a few people. I don't know hard it would be to implement. If it isn't difficult, why not give it a try and see what people have to say?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83 gHz, 2Gb RAM, OSX.5
What I'm saying is a forum for Boot Camp/Virtualization, since a vast majority of questions on those topics wind up in the "Windows/Linux/other" forum. I think it would make it more clear to users where to post/look for help on virtualization and other OS's individually.

And about MacHeadCases's post: I'm not saying to give Windows a bigger or better place, for all I'm concerned it could have a dark corner at the back of the site, but having a clearer forum area in general would be very helpful.

Edit: Well it appears that I didn't read everything clearly, which I am guilty of everywhere else.
I thank D3v1L80Y for shoving the fine text in my face.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Windows XP, Vista, Linux, I don't know what Ubuntu is but it seems a lot of people run it. I assume there are a few more people have questions about. I am not doubting your judgement seeing you've been here longer than I have but I'd think it'd help out a few people. I don't know hard it would be to implement. If it isn't difficult, why not give it a try and see what people have to say?

I just don't think there's enough of a need to separate by prefix. Most questions are related to Parallels or VMWare and Windows.

If the situation changes, we'll consider it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I just don't think there's enough of a need to separate by prefix. Most questions are related to Parallels or VMWare and Windows.

If the situation changes, we'll consider it.

I concur :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.