Looking for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Disclaimer: for some reason when I asked this question in various forums I had a lack of cooperation. This is a genuine question, please help me understand this.

Hello everybody. I've been hearing a lot of things about Mac computers, and frankly I'm quite confused because everything I heard from the Mac advertisements I can say about my PC (don't crash, hassle free, etc). This contradiction between Mac user testimony and my experience is very baffling to me, and I came hear looking for some specific details.
Can you please tell me what was it about PC's that so annoyed you, and how did Mac technology solved these problems for you? Go into as much detail as you can. When people just tell me 'Macs don't crash', that just keeps me further in the dark.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
What you're asking is really a very subjective question, and everybody will have their own answer. So it's understandable that many peoples' honest answers will be bewildering to others.

There are a ton of threads on "Why did you switch?" in this forum. You might find some of them interesting...I personally find most of them boring as they start to get repetitive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Welcome to M-F!
Here are some of the reasons why I decided for a Mac.

1) Macs are elegant
In my opinion Macs are among most elegantly designed products.

2) Attention to detail
Both Hardware ans Software is built/developed to give the best user experience.

3) Software platform is base on industries most secure OS(Unix).

4) Virus free (This is not because there are only few Mac users but because of various security layers preventing unauthorized people from eavesdropping)

5) Apple is not so evil like Microsoft (Apple do not try to spread wings at the cost of others. (eg. IE, Media Player, etc.))

6) Everyone can enjoy
OS X offers things for both average and advanced users (out of the box).

7) More transparent
Log reports provide you plenty of details about your system This is especially helpful after a system crash which is very rare.

There are so many other reasons why people are passionate about Macs. I will leave others to elaborate. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I couldn't stand the viruses on my windows PC, I was running some of the best anti-virus and anti-spyware programs around and yet I still got viruses. I wanted a world without viruses and so I came here... to macs.

Also i agree Apple is not evil like microsoft.
I spend more time using my Mac rather than fixing it... everything just works like it should.
The interface is much nicer and easier.
Leopard is amazing.
And My mac has crashed less times in a year than my old Windoze-PC did in a month.

If you personally are not having any problems or dislikes about windows than i see no reason for a mac for you besides having a premium.

I suggest going to a local apple store and sitting in on one of the free educational seminars, or just playing around with a mac.

OP
C
Reaction score
I couldn't stand the viruses on my windows PC, I was running some of the best anti-virus and anti-spyware programs around and yet I still got viruses. I wanted a world without viruses and so I came here... to macs.

How many viruses did you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What you're asking is really a very subjective question, and everybody will have their own answer. So it's understandable that many peoples' honest answers will be bewildering to others.

There are a ton of threads on "Why did you switch?" in this forum. You might find some of them interesting...I personally find most of them boring as they start to get repetitive.
Yes, there are plenty of threads that cover this very same question. Please take a few moments and read through them.

Hello everybody. I've been hearing a lot of things about Mac computers, and frankly I'm quite confused because everything I heard from the Mac advertisements I can say about my PC (don't crash, hassle free, etc).
If what you have already works for you with problems, then you likely won't benefit from having a Mac, nor would you really need one.
If you are truly and genuinely interested in Macs, then I suggest that you get your hands on one, either at an Apple Store or perhaps by purchasing a slightly older one to get your hands dirty on.
Using one is the only way you will find the answers you seek, any other method will only give you ohters' subjective opinions which obviously differ from your experience. This is neither beneficial nor enlightening to you.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.