lightbeam pics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPhone & div.
hello
I would like to know to take those pictures with the light beams from cars and such?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
hello
I would like to know to take those pictures with the light beams from cars and such?

As in take a photo where you can actually see the beam emitting from the headlight?

You need a diffuser to catch the light. Smoke/Fog/Dust or any fine particles will work. A fog machine is probably the safest and best bet.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but how did my friend do it with his iphone on a normal street

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Maybe it was a foggy day?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I think the OP is asking about the photo's of streets/highways that show the headlights or taillights as "Beams" moving down the road..

This is done on a tripod (at night) with a slow shutter speed (depends of how much traffic and how many "beams" you want)...

Your friend with an iPhone must have just taken a picture of a fast moving car at night. I don't know the specs but my guess is the shutter speed on the iPhone is slow enough to catch "beams". at night.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think the OP is asking about the photo's of streets/highways that show the headlights or taillights as "Beams" moving down the road..

This is done on a tripod (at night) with a slow shutter speed (depends of how much traffic and how many "beams" you want)...

Your friend with an iPhone must have just taken a picture of a fast moving car at night. I don't know the specs but my guess is the shutter speed on the iPhone is slow enough to catch "beams". at night.

thanks what i meant

LWC

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be totally dark out either if you use a slow enough shutter speed.
100_3885.jpg

This one is a 6 second exposure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
For the op, those are light trails, not beams.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.