AV-tv out cable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Is there ABSOLUTELY no other way to send a video signal to your tv other than Apple's component cables?? I have cables (the one that plugs into the ipod's output jack) that I used on my previously owned 30g ipod video and the other day had the unpleasant surprise of realizing that they don't work the same with my ipod touch:Grimmace:
Anyone has any knowledge of alternate cables that do the job? i don't want to jailbreak or do any funky altering.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
The minijack composite cables will not work through the touch's headphone jack of course since video is no longer being output through there.

From what I've heard, if you have an iPhone or iPod touch with firmware v1.1.3, you can use TV out with the older cable connected to the older universal dock (the '05 model with the round infrared sensor, not the '07 model with the slit infrared sensor).

I have not tested this myself since I never had an interest in using TV out since picking up the AppleTV, but I've heard from others it works. And, you must connect the cable to the dock, dock the touch, THEN start playing a video and it should ask if you want to use the TV out or not. If you don't do it in that order, you just get the "this accessory is not compatible with..." nonsense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.