Want to sell my iBook... help anyone :D ?

X

x0suckerlove

okay, so i'm trying to sell an iBook... one of the older clamshell models with a tangerine rim. i know it has Mac OS X installed, but that's pretty much all I know =/ so if you're interested in buying or have any questions about the laptop, please post :)

Edit -> sorry... in the wrong section =p i'm new here, have pity =)

OP
J

Jnco

I'd be interested, do you know the speed/ram amount/video card/hard drive size stuff? Also, maybe a pic would help.

OP
M

m1k

He said he doesn't know his specs, so...

Click on the Apple logo in the menu bar, click on About this Mac. Post that info. Also go click on More and post that too.

If you post that kind of stuff, more people would be interested.

Also, what price is it at?

I would be interested, but I have a new 12" PowerBook, sorry.

OP
X

x0suckerlove

i-mac info

okay this is what i've gathered lol:

Tangerine Clamshell model
Mac OS X version 10.1
192 MB memory
300mhz processor
3gb hard drive
8mb video card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd give you 100$ for it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I'll give you $150 for it...

OP
X

x0suckerlove

sorry... but if you look on E-Bay and palces like that, Clamshell i-books are worth a lot more than that... i'd say in the $400-$500 region. they may be old, but they're not that old lol :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
x0suckerlove said:
sorry... but if you look on E-Bay and palces like that, Clamshell i-books are worth a lot more than that... i'd say in the $400-$500 region. they may be old, but they're not that old lol :)

My advice to you:

Do Not become a salesperson!!!

OP
X

x0suckerlove

My advice to you:
don't offer $150 for something worth over $500, it makes you look silly :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
x0suckerlove said:
My advice to you:
don't offer $150 for something worth over $500, it makes you look silly :D

You're kidding right?? Saying your item is worth "over $500" is your opinion and not fact. I have purchased G3 iMacs and iBooks for $60 - $250 each from individuals, just because someone on Ebay is willing to overpay for something, it doesn't mean the item is actually worth that much.

Oh, and if you wanted a certain amount for your item then you should have said so in your initial post!!!

Welcome to economics 101.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Agreed:

Asking for a price and then ridiculing it is silly.
Any offer is going to be less than you want, nobody's going to come and say: "A G3 Clamshell??? I'll give you a 1000 bucks for it!!"

OP
C

ChicoWeb

x0suckerlove said:

Good luck with that.

OP
R

ravenstor

x0suckerlove said:
okay this is what i've gathered lol:

Tangerine Clamshell model
Mac OS X version 10.1
192 MB memory
300mhz processor
3gb hard drive
8mb video card

its worth what someones prepared to pay for it, and 150 us dollars is your top bid, why would anyone would want to pay massive bucks for an outdated machine?

I love macs and software but wouldnt buy an antique other than for nostalgia.

;)

OP
X

x0suckerlove

i think you guys need the luck... i'm already getting more appropriate offers from my newspaper ads. offering $150 for a laptop? i'm laughing out loud at these responses... you guys are reeeally optomistic if you think someone's going to say "$150!? SOLD!" pathetic =)

OP
X

x0suckerlove

Aptmunich said:
Agreed:

Asking for a price and then ridiculing it is silly.
Any offer is going to be less than you want, nobody's going to come and say: "A G3 Clamshell??? I'll give you a 1000 bucks for it!!"
sorry... just to get a better understanding of your complaint... where is this phantom price that i asked for and then ridiculed? there isn't one!? ooohhh...
8)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
x0suckerlove said:
sorry... just to get a better understanding of your complaint... where is this phantom price that i asked for and then ridiculed? there isn't one!? ooohhh...
8)

x0suckerlove said:
so if you're interested in buying or have any questions about the laptop, please post

Ok, I'm going to try to put this the nicest way I can. If you take a look at the part in your initial post that indicates no price (therefore leaving your price point open) then you ridicule myself and others that offer a price, that is what is ridiculous, you!.

I've bought laptops, desktops, imacs, emacs, and ibooks for under $200 shipped from people on the internet (privately and through auctions), so to say it's ridiculous for anyone to offer $150 is pretty foolish on your part. Who in their right mind would see an ad and automatically offer 2 or 3 times what the item is worth.

Good to see you found some suckers..err....other offers.

OP
V

vuschejan

x0suckerlove said:
8)

Ridiculing your customers' prices isnt a good way to sell something, welcome to etiquette 101

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.