Constant Crashes Since Leopard Upgrade

Reaction score
Am I alone? I bought the new iMac back in September and spent some time on Tiger; everything worked smoothly. I got Leopard for Christmas and ever since, it locks up a couple times a day .. usually while in Safari (3.0.4). It's gotten to the point where I'm about to smash my $2500 Mac and go out and buy something with Windows on it. I love all things Apple, but.. I have sent those "reports" again and again and.. who knows if we'll ever seen a fix.

I realize I'm one of 10 billion people, but.. I can't be alone.. can I?

Reaction score
You didn't say if you installed Leopard cleanly or if you upgraded Tiger and transferred you accounts, settings, etc?

I think a clean install might be in order if you haven't done that already. Backup important files, and manually copy them back to your computer as needed. Don't use the Migration Assistant to bring over you old account settings, preferences and such.

Barring that, I'd give Apple a ring. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Experimented with all 3 upgrade options on my Mac's.
Experienced similar issues with Safari when using the simple upgrade method on one of them. Clean install (after backing up my data) took care of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Possibly some dodgy memory?

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Not to be completely ignorant (I am), but.. now that I've installed Leopard (yes.. I did the upgrade thing), how do I go about doing the "clean" install? I hate to admit it, but.. I have no idea how to do that.

I have 2 iBooks right now - one that stores my files and one for all the Time Machine backups. It sounds like it might work. Any ideas? Thanks, again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.