Sync cell phone with Mac question

Reaction score
Hey

I downloaded SyncMate. Its a program thats supposed to sync your cell phone with your Mac. Ive got a Tmobile Dash that runs windows mobile on it, so I cant use the ActiveSync program built into the phone to sync with my computer (cuz its a mac, and I dont have parallels).

Anyone with experience with this program? I dont know how to use it, so I cant get to to sync up with my phone.

Anyone use any other FREE programs and have success?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I don't know of any free apps, but you should really look into The Missing Sync. It's the best way to sync a Windows Mobile phone with your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro 2.66 quad, Ati x1900, 2 500GB drives, 6 mb ram, dual 24"dell monitors
I have missing sync for my windows mobile pda.
At first, I wasn't crazy about it, but now that I've been using it a while, it is a little better. It just takes a while to get used to it.

i am thinking of getting an iphone when they come out with new models because I think the overall experience will be better.

Reaction score
I have a windows mobile device as well and i used the trial for an older version of the missing sync which didn't work.. i've read reviews about version 4 and they say its great. The missing sync allows you to back up pics and vids off your phone while MS's activesync doesnt..

So what do i use to sync my phone?
A. my phone is connected to a free hosted exchange server (mail2web.com) it backs up all my contacts, calender, and email is pushed to my phone. I highly recommend setting up an account with them if you have a data plan on your wireless acount. (just forward your other emails to your mail2web account if you want those pushed as well.)

B. i have xp installed through vmware's fusion and i use that to sync occasionly but mainly i use it to do rom updates on my phone. I can't live without windows mobile and having xp as a guest OS on fusion helps me enjoy the best of both worlds Mac and XP :D

I'm probably going to buy the missing sync when i upgrade to Leopard..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.