Put Leopard on my Macbook....now having problems

Reaction score
First, I am a new Mac user. I bought a refurbished Macbook from Apple a month ago. 1.83 ghz and 2 x 256. The Leopard disk they sent me didn't work, so I finally got one a month later. I put it on and now Firefox keeps closing, the computer is freezing (or the colorful circle will not go away) and at times I can't type anything in the URL bar. Has this happened to anyone?

I also have a question about Tiger. Is there a way to uninstall this now that I have Leopard on? I did not see an option for this when I installed Leopard. I am wondering if this has anything to do with my problem. Please advise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
IIRC, installing leopard in essence replaces the parts of previous systems with the leopard versions.

also, you are not alone with the problems with leopard. i've reinstalled it three times on my machine, and i think i almost got it right the last time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.