Connecting Airport Extreme to BT Voyager 100

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am the proud new owner of my first ever Mac. Just bought a 24" Imac and I have to say it's pretty amazing.

I have a problem though. I just bought an Airport Extreme base station and I am with BT here in the uk. I am trying to set up the base station with my rather old BT Voyager 100 ADSL modem. The problem is this modem only has a USB 2.0 connection going out from it, so I cannot connect it to the ethernet port on the base station.

What can I do? Is it as simple as getting an adaptor (USB to Ethernet) and it will then connect, or is this modem no good for the Airport Extreme anyway? I'm a little lost here as i'm not that good on the techy side as it is.

Any ideas? Any help gratefully received.

Rob

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question is not for Suggestions/Comments/Site Support but for Airport, Networking*

OP
C
Reaction score
Apologies for that, assumed the support forum was the correct one. Am eager to get this sorted tomorrow, if anyone can help me pleeeease post. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.