Problem with .Mac and iDisk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I was on with apple techs today and was told that idisk is having issues which include maxing out hard drives to full capacity. Two of my macs had this happen in a matter of hours. I was told to turn idisk off and delete the file which was on my desk top to restore the space and it did. I do not know if this is only for leopard or not. I use leopard on my macs. They told me a software update will be issued and not to use idisk until than.
Hope this helps someone...

M

MacHeadCase

Thanks for the heads up, MACGIRL34.

Is this problem only for Leopard users or is the problem independent from the OS X version you're using? (I know you're using Leopard on your Macs - in your sig - but I was just curious about other OS X versions and if the Apple tech talked about this or not)

And this problem occurs when you use the iDisk Synching -> Automatically in the System Preferences?

OP
MACGIRL34
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I only have leopard running on mine. I don't know about the other OS X versions. I didn't think to ask until after I got off the phone. A friend of mine has the same issue as well. Fixed after I shut the idisk off. Than I deleted the idisk file image on my disk top and emptied the trash and got my hard drive space back.

Yes it was the " idisk synching" in system preferences.
They just told me not to use it until the update comes out to fix the issue.

OP
MACGIRL34
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anytime glad to be of help...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.