Anyone get shorter battery life with Leopard

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro and I recently put Leopard on it, and now the battery dies after about 85 minutes. When I had Panther or Tiger or whatever it was before, it would go for maybe 100-110 minutes. I have a 2.16 GHZ Dual Core chip. Just bought it in Jan/Feb 2007. Anyone else seeing worse battery life with Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
haven't taken my MB on the road much since the upgrade to leopard but logically I can see there may be a dip in performance since it is a more process intensive OS due to things like spaces which will require more CPU time along with things like time machine and higher graphics, I guess it's to be expected although that much of a dip is a bit off like :(

OP
H
Reaction score
haven't taken my MB on the road much since the upgrade to leopard but logically I can see there may be a dip in performance since it is a more process intensive OS due to things like spaces which will require more CPU time along with things like time machine and higher graphics, I guess it's to be expected although that much of a dip is a bit off like :(

Anyone else have some stories about Leopard on their old laptop?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.