change email address in profile & other ??s

Reaction score
hi - my daughter's mbp arrived a few hours ago. of course, i had to play with it and get it 'set up'. (of course i didn't read the instructions; it's 'intuitive'). at the initial power on, there were a few setups i had to do. i wound up putting MY email address under the first profile created (daughter's profile). i noticed that my email from my aol account is all addressed to her! haha.

how do i modify the email address and plug hers in? can i modify it if i do not know her email address password?

also, i thought it would be good to set up a main admin id. and add everyone else as a standard user. this may be a windows mentality. my thinking was things could not accidentially disappear, etc., etc. when using notebook. is this flawed thinking? how could i go back and make these changes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
how do i modify the email address and plug hers in?
Launch the Mail app. and go to preferences under the Mail menu.Go to accounts. You can change settings there, but will need her password to check mail.
is this flawed thinking? how could i go back and make these changes.
Depends on who's using it. But go to System Preferences/Accounts .
Select the account to modify. There is an option on bottom to allow users to Administer the computer. If you keep it under "managed", you can go to parental controls tab and configure what you want them to use or not use.

OP
margaret438
Reaction score
when you move something (say accidentially) to trash, will it prompt you to confirm? not interested in controlling like parental controls (for a 22yo--lol), but a bit concerned about 'wierd' things happening (as it would be described to me). user will be away at school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
No, there wouldn't be any prompt. However, the trash works like a folder. It won't delete anything, until you select it to. You can also open it and take out anything that's there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.