securing my d-link wireless router

Reaction score
Securing my wireless router...help!

Yes, I've read the sticky on 'wireless configuration' with no answer to my problem. I'm simply trying to have my wireless connection/router require a password so none of my neighbors use my router. I've already tried going through the 'vpn configuration' under 'internet connect' and have used my 'router ip' as my server address which can be found in the system preferences under 'network'. i create a password using this router IP as my server address and it is unable to connect. is it really this complicated to secure my internet?

Reaction score
Don't use VPN. Have you tried configuring WEP or WPA?

Are you using an Airport Extreme/Express?

OP
A
Reaction score
anyone know how i can add a password to my dlink wireless connection?
ive looked everywhere and haven't found an answer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It should be under the wireless settings. Look for something that says WEP or WPA or plain old password.

Btw, what model do you have? Perhaps somebody with the same model can point you to exactly where you can find the setting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Like others have hinted at it's your wireless settings that you need to configure.

Preferably using WPA.

If you post the model number of your router as Kash suggested I'll be able to tell you exactly which menus/settings need to be used to achieve a secure wireless network.

mrplow

Reaction score
D-Link Wireless Router

Go to 192.168.0.1 and configure the password...select "wireless" and wpa or wpa-psk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.