Sharing media

Reaction score
OK here's what I have: 2 MacBooks, Linksys Wireless router, Buffalo LinkStation 400GB NAS(with tons of music, photos, and videos), and a Samsung HDTV. Now here are my questions:

1. How is it possible to take all my media and access on the the television withh the equipment that I have?

2. I'm under the impression that the new Time Capsule can replace my router and NAS but can I work like and AppleTv based on the the things that I already have?

3. Is there a way that I can stream from my NAS from another network(my NAS is not directly connected to either MacBook or any other computer)?

4. Would getting a Mac mini pretty much do everything that I've mentioned above in questions 1-3?

I would love not to buy anything really expensive so getting Mac mini is my last option. So basically anything that involves getting some software or a few wires would be great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.