Connect cassette tape to iMac

Reaction score
I would like to connect my cassette to my IMAC. I tried to use Garage Band but the sound quality is no good. Is there any good suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
hmm... Well, I don't pretend to know a lot about macs since I'm pretty new to them. I have found that the microphone input on built-in sound cards is not meant for recording of any quality. A decent audio interface is one step... You can find products from M-audio, mackie or any online music gear store. 100 bucks or more will get you something nice, but I haven't done much research for lesser quality than that.

I'm sure you also understand that if you are recording from a cassette, the quality will probably not be up to the standards that your ears like.
Another variable is the tape deck quality. Are you recording from a walkman or a boombox? These don't have extremely high quality outputs.

I don't think Garageband is the issue. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but it records a nice clean track for transferring music.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.