does anyone know of...?

Reaction score
does anyone know of a program which allows you to lock os windows in place so that they will be ignored? i have downloaded afloat and invisray to make windows invisible and always on top but when i try to click on the program behind the transparent window, it automatically selects the transparent window. this is not good for tracing etc..
if anyone could help me that would be great!
thanks alot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
tracing? Tracing what?
I might be on the wrong track here, but it seems that you want to make a window transparent so you can trace an image - I'm thinking like digital tracing paper...

Am I completely on the wrong track? It's just a little hard to understand what you're doing and why you need it done...
If you're doing the tracing of an image for art, why not use layers for the canvas?

I'm totally confused here...

OP
C
Reaction score
i use illustrator etc regularly and i know of many other ways of tracing things.. however, the application i am trying to trace onto is web-based and has no layer options.. so i need to be able to make a window (with an image) transparent, stay on top, and locked so it is ignored and i can click through it.
transparency and staying on top is not a problem as i have already solved those issues. however, i just need some sort of application to lock my image window. any idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
What if you made an screen shot of just the window you are after this way:

1. Press Apple+shift+4
2. Press space. Then a little camera should be as your mouse cursor. Then you can click on the window you want and save it as a jpeg or whatever. And you can trace this jpeg file easily.

OP
C
Reaction score
i dont mean to sound rude but i am very apt at using macs and if the solution was that simple i would have been able to do it myself.
honestly, the only thing that will work is a program that will lock a window in place not allowing me to use it. does nobody know of a program like this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.