iMac G5 - What Happened?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 Intel
I have a beautiful iMac G5 that I had in my "chilly" office. So cold that I unhooked it and brought it into the house that was nice and warm. When I booted it up it only made it to the opening chime and first blue screen then no blue bar (indicating operating system was loading) and that's where it has hung ever since. I tried starting (letting it warm up for an hour or so) and nothing will happen. Does anyone have a clue what happened? I was very careful bringing it all of 15 feet into the house. It has worked absolutely flawlessly up until this moment. Yikes! Any feedback would be very much appreciated. :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
This is a bit off topic. I work on an sgi unix server once that was located in a cold server room. We disconnected the unit and moved it to another server room that was a little warmer than the other room. The server would not boot up, simliar to your problem. We moved the system back to the colder server room and the system booted up and worked find. I said that to say this, I am wondering if you move it back to the cold room would it work again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.