Blueberry iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Power Pc 1.5GHz, 1 GB Ram, OS X 10.5
I am looking at getting an older blueberry iBook and had a couple of questions about it. This will be something to play around with and will go to my youngest child ( who is 4 he wants ti be like the big kids LOL )
Here are the specs that is has now
The ibook has a CDROM, 300Mhz G3 Processor
768MB RAM (But the machine only calculates 544MB of it)
20GB Hard Drive (upgraded from the 5gb that it came with (18gb after formatting)
Mac OS X 10.4.9 on it, and is ready to be used.
No wireless card included

My Questions are can i use a PC Card wireless adaptor or will i need to find an airport card if so will a airport extreme card work

Where is the best place to look for a battery for it

what is the biggest limitation of that model other then the speed

Reaction score
I am looking at getting an older blueberry iBook and had a couple of questions about it. This will be something to play around with and will go to my youngest child ( who is 4 he wants ti be like the big kids LOL )
Here are the specs that is has now
The ibook has a CDROM, 300Mhz G3 Processor
768MB RAM (But the machine only calculates 544MB of it)
20GB Hard Drive (upgraded from the 5gb that it came with (18gb after formatting)
Mac OS X 10.4.9 on it, and is ready to be used.
No wireless card included

My Questions are can i use a PC Card wireless adaptor or will i need to find an airport card if so will a airport extreme card work

Where is the best place to look for a battery for it

what is the biggest limitation of that model other then the speed

You will have to find an original Airport Card, which ultimately, to me anyway, was the biggest limitation of buying one. They're not cheap. About $50 on ebay.
I have an indigo clamshell,
466mhz
320mb ram
10gb hd
It runs decent for its age.
Also theyre pretty durable!

Also, i've noticed some batteries on eBay for like $30, mine doesn't have a battery either. I'm not sure if they are good or not, but i've heard the Clamshells arent so good with new batteries.

Good luck!

I know what you mean as far as kids-
My cousin is 3 and we recently went into the Verizon store because my other cousin (his brother) needed his phone repaired. He wanted a phone SO BAD we had to drag him out of there screaming. lol.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Power Pc 1.5GHz, 1 GB Ram, OS X 10.5
Well I lucked out and the guy left in the airport card so it has wireless (lol) that is one less thing i need to get for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.