Where to send Nano for testing?

Reaction score
Hello,

i'm looking for somewhere to send my iPod out for a diagnostic.
I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I know for sure the battery is shot, but the screen doesn't light up and it doesnt show up on my mac. Anyway,
what's the cheapest place to send the iPod JUST for testing?
I don't want to pay that much, just have it tested, if you took one look at the condition of this Nano you would understand lol.
Does anyone on the forum do testing?
Anyone had a good experience with RapidRepair?

Thanks,
Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I was about to mention rapidrepair, I haven't used them myself, I do know they have been around for quite some time. PDAsmart is a pretty good source, they have been around for a long time as well. http://www.pdasmart.com/ipodpartscenternano.htm

With all that's wrong with it, it might not be very cost effective to get it repaired, it might end up being cheaper purchasing a brand new one.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
I was about to mention rapidrepair, I haven't used them myself, I do know they have been around for quite some time. PDAsmart is a pretty good source, they have been around for a long time as well. http://www.pdasmart.com/ipodpartscenternano.htm

With all that's wrong with it, it might not be very cost effective to get it repaired, it might end up being cheaper purchasing a brand new one.

You're probably right there, but i'll at least pay like $10 to get it tested, we aren't sure what's wrong with it. I gave it to my 13 year old brother, he told me it was broken and it wasnt playing sound, then he said the battery wasn't installed. I reattached the battery and it came up on my mac, but still nothing on the screen. But I concluded the battery wasnt good because as soon as i unplugged it after a while it turned off. While it was mounting on my mac, i found my way to the songs, and after using my Apple headphones, it was playing sound. I think it was because he wasn't using Apple headphones. So I THINK it might just need a new battery, but that doesn't explain the screen issues. Or does it? I have an external battery and i'm for the AAs to charge.
But i'm just going to get a list of what it needs and if its not bad i'll pick up the parts off ebay. Batteries and screens are cheap, I know the click wheel is good too. Just the LB im worried about.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
OH and I dont see myself buying a NEW nano.
The video nanos arent as practical to me as the 2nd/1st gens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.