Any advice on switching back to Tiger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
I posted earlier in the music section about how I want to switch to Tiger because I got this mac to use ProTools and PT doesn't work well with Leopard from what I hear. I got a copy of Tiger (legitimately) and I'm going to switch to it if I don't get lucky with Pro Tools and Leopard (some people have been "lucky")...
This is my first mac and it came pre installed with Leopard which is why I had to obtain a copy of Tiger.

My question is.... Do you mac aficionados have any advice on switching back? What will happen to my iLife '08 which is on the Leopard install disk? I have done a time machine backup and the folder it creates seems pretty straightforward (copy and paste once Tiger is installed).
What are the pitfalls I should look out for? What things from my time machine backup won't work??

I understand that Tiger doesn't have all of the features that 10.5 does (spaces, the quick preview in finder)...
I think you all get the drift.
For the record...

MBP 10.5.1
2.2 C2D
2G RAM
bought 12/07

Thanks!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If you plan to roll back, you need to backup all your important files and wipe the drive clean. Don't try to install Tiger over Leopard... yer just asking for trouble. And forget about the Time Machine backups... you don't want to restore Leopard-based Library items onto a Tiger install. Once you have Tiger installed, just copy over your important documents, music, videos, etc back over from your backup. Plan on installing all 3rd party apps from scratch.

If the version of iLife '08 that you have on the Leopard DVD is compatible with Tiger, then you may be able to get it off the DVD using Pacifist.

OP
Thedspeth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
Thanks for the words of wisdom!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I rollback from Leopard on my PB G4, and the advice is important. Do an erase and install of Tiger, Leopard will leave some files & apps that won't work with Tiger. In my situation, I purchased more memory for my PB, and went right back to Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.