Who is bothered about right click?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
Ok, I'm ashamed to admit, I have to figure out how to do the two finger tap. Do you set it up under preferences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Are we not beating on a straw man here? Why would any prospective or recent switcher gripe about the right click when it can be done with little practice even on the MM? Rather than an impediment, I've found the ability to right click with my new iMac just one more reason to really enjoy my new system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 120GB hard drive
I definitely concur about wondering what's up with all those people that think you can't right click....I always hated having to right-click on my other laptop, because the button seemed really out of the way. My fingers had to do some strange contortion that was rather uncomfortable... the two-finger tap is so much more convenient for me :D

Yeah, I always use just the trackpad to click with my old laptop, and even though using the button to right click wasn't that bad (I could do it easily with my thumb), being able to right-click using just the trackpad is just perfect. :D
Oh, and I also love that I can scroll with two fingers - I like it much better than using the edge at the side of my trackpad to scroll (you find that in many win laptops, IME).
My trackpad and what it can do with it is just another reason to love my mac. :)

Ok, I'm ashamed to admit, I have to figure out how to do the two finger tap. Do you set it up under preferences?

On leopard:
System Preferences --> Keyboard and Mouse. Then you'll see a "Trackpad Gestures". I'd check the boxes for: "Use two fingers to scroll" and "Allow horizontal scrolling"; "Clicking", "Dragging"; and "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click".

HTH!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reigns surpeme
I has a right click with my mighty mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I must be one of the only people who own a mighty mouse and don't use the right click as standard. I still use the control click option. I don't know why. Never really used a 2 or more button mouse for an extended period of time. Just used to the one I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
I use the right click on my Mighty Mouse as well. You do have to be a little conscious of click it at sort of an angle, but it works well nonetheless.

Reaction score
I agree that it is pretty easy with the "two finger trick", but lets be honest - it is not as convenient as having a right click directly on the laptop.

I have been a windows user since I started using computers. I bought a mac two weeks ago and I have to say I love the "two finger" tap. I have a vista laptop that my wife uses and after using leopard for two weeks, I tried to use vista again, and I found myselft tapping with two fingers in windows! I think is a lot better than having a right click button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I only use a Logitech mouse because my mighty mouse is busted. This rather crappy mouse has right click, but I also like ctrl click and the double tap.

Reaction score
i love my mighty mouse but the right click is so tempermental and i love the squeze to expose the windows that you cant do on a normal mouse

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
i use two finger click bec i dont like tapping alltogether. Too many times when i am trying to move the mouse I end up clicking things...
Yer, say if you were using a 17" mbp and you needed to go across the screen, you end up clicking everythin.!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
95% of the time when I'm using my MBP, I'm using my Logitech wireless USB (*GASP* Blashpemy!!! A non Apple product with an Apple computer /sarcasm) so I always have right click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
95% of the time when I'm using my MBP, I'm using my Logitech wireless USB (*GASP* Blashpemy!!! A non Apple product with an Apple computer /sarcasm) so I always have right click.

Ditto! But when I bring my laptop to work.. it's trackpad all the way... however, i can't figure out the tapping... I just hold down two fingers and click for the right click.

Is this set up in preferences?

I also like the two finger scrolling feature... neato! LOL

Reaction score
Ditto! But when I bring my laptop to work.. it's trackpad all the way... however, i can't figure out the tapping... I just hold down two fingers and click for the right click.

Is this set up in preferences?

I also like the two finger scrolling feature... neato! LOL

Should be a checkbox to 'allow tap for click' or something like that same place you allowed the two fingers+click in preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
"No right click" is a really, really lame argument against the Mac because it simply isn't true. For one, plug any USB two-button mouse into the Mac and it has a natural right click built in and ready to go, no adjustments needed. Two, doesn't every new Mac these days come with a Mighty Mouse?

Personally I couldn't live without a right click. That is why I have a Microsoft Mouse that I have been using for years and years (since OS 9, actually). It is convenient and quick. At work we have a Mac with a Mighty Mouse and one with a single button mouse. I use both. On the one without the MM, I habitually press control and then click. It works but it is annoying. With the Mighty Mouse I must remember to lift up my index finger before I right click or it won't work. Also annoying. The solution is a cheap USB PC mouse. I don't like Apple's mice, but that's just me. If you don't like the mouse that comes with your computer, get a another one. They're not expensive and it is not illegal to use a non-Mac mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.