... Opera??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (5,3), 2.8 GHz, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM | OS X 10.6, Debian 6, Whendoze 7
For the past couple weeks, whenever I control-click an image or HTML file and view the "Open With" menu, Opera appears in there and I am able to open the file with it.. Only one problem: I have never even installed Opera on my computer, nor do I want it.

Around two weeks ago I also did install and try out a couple applications from the Apple download page, I'm not sure if one of those applications could be the cause for this. Also, I have removed those applications (didn't care much for them.. :p ) and I cannot find Opera with Spotlight.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it?

OP
Shadow Jolteon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (5,3), 2.8 GHz, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM | OS X 10.6, Debian 6, Whendoze 7
That makes some sense, after reading the series of threads. I had installed the Flash CS3 trial just before then, which would explain it popping up there in the first place, and installing Web Premium would probably explain the newer version popping in there.

Thank you. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.