iTunes help needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
hello,

I got an ipod touch recently and was wondering how you make it synch just the music you want instead of all the music in iTunes?

when I sync, I let it do all the music and then manually manage the music by deselecting the tracks I don't want and deleting them off the ipod, but then when i click movies or something else, it says that it has to reload all my music on there again, so it is another task of waiting for ages and them deleting the stuff i don't want.

If anyone could tell me how to do this I would be ever so greatfull.

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
My only advice would be to not have your iPod sync automatically. If you're going to go through and add/remove certain songs anyways, you might as well just have it sync what you want. If the Touch is like the iPhone, just create playlists in iTunes with the specific songs you want and then sync only those playlists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
In the summary tab, there is a box that you can tick that says 'Only sync selected songs'. Dead easy and that

OP
melmation
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Cheers ma dears!, the first tip worked a treat, just put all the songs/albums I wanted onto a playlist et Voila!

As per this ticky tick box for just syncing selected songs, I'll have to give it a look see when I next sync up.

Thank you for your replies.

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Itunes 7.5 also allows you to sync only a selected playlist, that's what I do - I just sync the playlist I have made called ipod

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.