Monitors with iMac-Like Glossy Screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have just purchased a new MacBook Pro with the glossy screen and I am loving it. The only problem is that suddenly, the monitor I am using on my "main Mac" (a PowerMac G5) looks far less appealing by comparison. Like most monitors, I guess it is the "matte" type.

Does anyone know of other monitor manufacturer/models that have the same sort of glossy screen as the iMac and MacBook Pro?

It might just be time to replace my monitor. Curse this MacBook Pro for showing me a better way! :D

Reaction score
HP and Samsung

The ones that immediately come to mind are HP and Samsung. Both have a selection on models and sizes. Go to a Best Buy or a Circut City and take a look. And there a lot cheaper!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I would definitely look at the samsungs, the build and display quality on them are fab. The cinema displays are still matte. I think they will stay that way for quite some time. You might look into a glossy "film" resin. I believe they are available for purchase. Basically a glossy screen is a matte screen with a thick glossy plastic film, the film is actually just adhered on top of the "matte / glass".

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the pointers folks.

Reaction score
theres more to the imac screen then just glossy
it uses an ips panel which is basically the best out there for colors

you find that w/o buying either an acd, imac, or some 1000+ monitor

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
theres more to the imac screen then just glossy
it uses an ips panel which is basically the best out there for colors

you find that w/o buying either an acd, imac, or some 1000+ monitor

I can't help agreeing with you. After all the responses here plus some more research, I have decided that the best way to get a display like the iMacs is to get it on an iMac! Accordingly, at some point in this coming year, I will have to take the plunge and get a 24" iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.