iMac Keyboard #s Pad Won't Work in Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
I'm running Windows XP in Bootcamp, and am having difficulty getting the numbers keypad to work on my standard aluminum iMac keyboard.

Can anyone help me to get it working? The rest of the keyboard seems to function without any problems.

OP
EORI
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Well, for those who ever need an answer to this question, I've figured it out. One just has to hit the "Clear" key on the iMac keypad, and it turns on the number keys on keypad; just like with the "Num Lock" button on a PC keyboard.

Reaction score
EORI, you're a bloody genius! I've ben trying to solve this problem for ages. I can't believe the solution was so simple! I must have tried every key except the "clear" key.

Thanks.

Reaction score
A little off topic, but why do PCs even have a number lock button anyway? Do the keys function as something else when it's not on? Why would you ever want it off? I just don't get it.

Reaction score
Yes, they do have other uses for those keys. 8, 2, 4 and 6 are up, down left and right arrows (in that order). 7 = home, 1 = end. 9 and 3 are Page Up and Page Down respectively. The funny thing is when you look at the position of those keys on the normal keyboard - they're right next to the number pad, so why bother?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.