restore ALL MOVIES folder in Finder?

Reaction score
i accidently removed it from the left side of my finder. the 3 folders which are all photos, all documents, and all movies. is there anyway i can restore that?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Just go to the level above your movies folder. Then select drag and drop the folder on window panel. Where you deleted it from.

OP
B
Reaction score
but that doesn't have all the video files on my computer. that folder automatically added all the video files into it.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks like I did not understand the nature of your problem. What I thought you were talking about is when you open up a window. On the left side top you get your mounted disk drives. On the lower left you get your desktop, home folder, applications, documents, movies, music and pictures.

It appears that is not the case here or is it?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had to look at the Apple site to get a better look. Some one working with leopard will have to help you with this. Since I don't see what you see.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The easy way is to open Finder preferences - go to the sidebar tab and put a check next to All Movies

If it is not there..

In Finder, navigate to...

System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app

right click on Finder.app and select 'Show Package Contents'

Keep going now to...
Contents/Resources/CannedSearches

There you will find your 'All Movies' plus a few other searches not shown in the preferences window.
Just drag n drop the ones you want.

OP
B
Reaction score
The easy way is to open Finder preferences - go to the sidebar tab and put a check next to All Movies

If it is not there..

In Finder, navigate to...

System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app

right click on Finder.app and select 'Show Package Contents'

Keep going now to...
Contents/Resources/CannedSearches

There you will find your 'All Movies' plus a few other searches not shown in the preferences window.
Just drag n drop the ones you want.

lol right when i figure it out i come to check if anyone else answered. but the first one worked. preferences and check all movies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.