MacBook TV tuners?

Reaction score
I am looking for a nice small TV tuner for my Macbook. I am leaving to work overseas in Tokyo in 3 weeks. I had my eyes on the EyeTV line of tuners from Elgato. Mainly the hybrid and the 250 Plus. I'm not sure of the features VS size. Would the 250 Plus be too big and un-portable do you think? i don't plan to be doing much video editing and such. Just scooping HDTV signals and plugging in the cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Elgato makes a great line of tuners for the Mac. If you want a really portable version, I would suggest the hybrid. If you need the video input options, then go for the 250 Plus.

The main difference between the two in terms of the tuner is that the 250 has its own processor that does the encoding, whereas the hybrid makes use of your Mac's processor.

If you won't be using most or all of the features of the 250, go with the hybrid.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.