Are these values good?

Reaction score
I was reading about S.M.A.R.T. data and stuff so I downloaded a utility from Apple's website. The readings I got are attached. Are these values good bad or what? they mean nothing to me.:)
If it matters I have had my MacBook Pro since September. It is the 2.2GHz model with a 160gb 5400RPM drive. It's is a Fujitsu drive.
Thanks!

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
Honestly, I think only people with a degree in IT or computing stand a chance on decoding that lot! some of it makes sense to me, but if you're worried about the performance of your hard drive, you can use disk utility to verify and carry out first aid on your disk. You find that in the utilities folder in applications.

Either that or you could try iStat Pro - a free widget obtainable here which will tell you everything bout your HDD and indeed the rest of the mac :)

It may help if we knew why you're worried about those figures to start with? is the performance dipping or something?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I was reading up on S.M.A.R.T once and saw all that. If you look though none of the tests has ever failed. I would think all is fine. If there was one that said Failed I would then be concerned. Those are all the categories that are being tested by SMART.

OP
M
Reaction score
I tried iStat but it caused me problems with my Mouse when I woke from sleep. After un-installing it, I never had the problem again. I guess I don't need to worry as i do back up my computer in Time machine every day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.