How well does the 2.4GHZ Macbook Pro run games?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the MacBook Pro with the 2.4GHZ processor, 2GB ram, Nvidia 8600GT video card, etc. The stock loaded Macbook Pro that Apple has on their store web site for 2499. I want to know how well it runs games like Battlefield 2142, Command and Conquer TW, etc. Also, if I run Windows XP on it and install some games for Windows how well will it run those? Games like Company of Heroes, etc. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" 2.4 MBP with 4GB RAM
I'm running the 2.4 with 4 gigs and tried the Mac version of BF 2142 just to see how the graphics look... I ran everything on high with 11 times AA and it seemed to run fine. For real gaming, I would consider boot camp, I was very disappointed with the support for the game from EA. I can't find any patches or updates for it, and their website doesn't even seem to want to admit they make the game for Mac, so it's pretty hard to find good rooms with people in them bc everyone is playing the patched/updated version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz MBP, iPhone 3GS, iPods and other nifty gadgets
you should try searching youtube, there's a handful of vids with specs and live gameplay. makes me jealous, my laptop's outdated...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.