With Apple-TV sync the way it is, what is the

Reaction score
advantage of having the 160gb drive over the 40gb drive? I don't get it. Multiple Macs in the house? - only thing I can think of since the largest hhd on a Mac at the time this came out was only 250gb? - and I'm sure most folks don't have 160gb of movies on a 250 drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
I don't want to stream from my computer everytime I want to watch a movie or photos or listen to music. A 40gb would have been full in no time and with the upcoming update, renting movies will require more space for my needs!

I tried to stream movies to my Apple TV, it works fine, but it's faster to fast-forward when the movie is on the Apple TV's hdd. For the price difference ($100), having 4x more hdd space is great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
With the addition of renting movies, you'll be using that space a bit more. And like a4 said, it's useful to sync a bunch of music and movies and not have to worry about a dropped connecting when streaming it from your Mac or PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Officially? No. Through a software hack, yes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
With the addition of renting movies, you'll be using that space a bit more. And like a4 said, it's useful to sync a bunch of music and movies and not have to worry about a dropped connecting when streaming it from your Mac or PC.
True, and it's also nice to be able to fire up AppleTV without having to worry whether my computer is booted up and iTunes is running.

Reaction score
It would be nice if there was an upgrade program with Apple....

What about the new apple storage device. Any chance that's compatible with Apple TV w/o a hack?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.