Dual Booting Ubuntu

Reaction score
I'm currently running Ubuntu off a live CD, and have decided i want to install it, while being able to boot into OS X whenever I want to. I already have a 10 GB partition that I made a long time ago for the purpose of WIndows, however since then I have wiped it clean.

I have no idea what to do.:Blushing: if someone could post a walkthrough or something, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Do you currently have the windows partition on your mac? If not then you need to make a new partition using either boot camp or disk util. Once that is done, insert ubuntu CD boot into the CD and then double click on the install icon on the desktop. It will take you though the wizard. Be careful to selec the correct partition for installation and install bootloader on the linux partition. Thats all....

OP
PinkLemonade
Reaction score
When I tried that, the partiton didn't show up. I have a 10 GB partition that was originally used for Windows, but I wiped it clean. It still exists, it's just empty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Then you can straight away start the installation. Boot from Ubuntu CD and when it's booted, double click installation icon to start installation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.