Mail.app Just stopped...

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope that you can help.

I run my business from my MBPro and last week the Mail.app just stopped allowing my emails to connect to the server. :Oops:

I haven't changed any settings at all, and have let it run for a few days thinking that 'It's not my fault, let it sort it's self out'.

The server is fine, btw. I can use the emails fine on a friends PC, and the guy who hosts my emails for me has run a check - and everything is ok his end.

Anybody else had this issue???? Whats going on???? Any ideas how i can fix it????

Kind Regards,
Mike.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Are you using Little Snitch or anything similar? Only reason what I can think of is wrong firewall settings.

OP
C
Reaction score
No. I'm not using any firewall other than what is pre-installed on the Mac. Could my router be causing the problem? It's a 2WIRE Bt Hub BTW.

This is really bugging me. :(

Kind Regards,
Mike.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Your post does not say what OS you are using but if Leopard boot from the install DVD, go to Utilities and run Repair Permissions from there. Take about twenty minutes so don't be impatient.

Leopard seems to have this bug as Mail fails to connect to server after about a week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.