iTunes Splash Screen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've used this forum in the past (tho by which login I cannot remember!) and you have been most useful, so I turn to you once again.

When I log into iTunes and plug my iPod touch in, I am greeted with a splash screen advertising the January software upgrade for £12.99.

I get the options "No Thanks", "Remind Me Later", and of course, "Go To Software Upgrade". "No Thanks" should clearly stop the advert from repeating every time I plug the iPod in, alas, i merely get a message telling me an error has occurred. What can I do about this!?

Apologies if this has been covered, I cannot spot any similar threads. Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Phip

(iPod touch and iMac user)

Reaction score
I have never seen that screen. So I don't know anything about this. I thought iTunes was free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Can you be a bit more specific? You say that you clicked "no thanks" for the update and now you get an error message every time you plug in the touch. Can you still sync the touch etc. Also, have you upgraded to 1.1.3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
what he means is...

what he means is when he plugs in his iPod touch and iTunes fires up, instead of going straight to the iPod synching screen he is first shown a page offering him the new apps for $20 (£12.99).

I got my touch on Sunday and was offered the same update.

Don't know hot to turn it off though. It is annoying especially if you don't want the updates.

Mel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.