Lost & Found

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
My brother lost his iphone a couple of months ago and claimed a new one insurance paying £25 excess ($50) however a few days ago my mother found it down the back of the sofa (couch :Smirk: ) and not sure what to do with it? It still turns on and can be used to surf the net, ipod, camera etc just not as a phone/cell anymore. Would i get in trouble if i use it an ipod and connect it to my mac? is there anyway they can tell its been reported as lost?

Reaction score
If the sim card has been deactivated, it may not even work as an iPod now. Itunes checks to make sure the iPhone is activated with a valid sim everytime the iPhone is connected. I have noticed that with the latest version of iTunes. I put a GoPhone sim in the iPhone that worked in the iPhone. Once I tried to sync it using iTunes, it told me the sim was not valid and that I needed to insert a valid iPhone sim.

I'm not sure if you can jailbreak it to use it but with iTunes checking to see if it's activated, that may not work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Actually, what you're talking about here is insurance fraud, which is illegal, and therefore should not be discussed in this forum. What your brother should do is contact his insurance provider, tell them what happened and discuss with them what should be done next.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it's the simple truth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
fleurya is correct.

However, you could just turn on Airplane Mode and use the non-phone features.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.