Boot Camp: Vista sound won't work!

Reaction score
Hello!

I just installed Vista on my new macbook pro, and it's been working like a charm, apart from the sound. I've tried everything I can think of, but it won't start up. It's supposed to be "Intel High Definition Audio," but I can't find any further details about who made it or anything. Does anyone know where I can get the right drivers? Unfortunately, I do not have the system disc for Leopard, so that won't work.

Any help would be vastly appreciated...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Unfortunately, I do not have the system disc for Leopard, so that won't work.

If you installed Leopard legally then you would have the system disc - that's what you need to install the necessary drivers.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
All the drivers are on the Leopard disk: sound, video, bluetooth, airport, isight, etc. Don't know where else you can get them.

OP
R
Reaction score
If you installed Leopard legally then you would have the system disc

Leopard was not installed illegally. I got the machine from a relative to whom it was no longer useful, and he didn't send the system disc with it. Sorry I didn't make that clear at first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Leopard was not installed illegally. I got the machine from a relative to whom it was no longer useful, and he didn't send the system disc with it. Sorry I didn't make that clear at first.

I'd go back and have a word with him then, you need that disc. You'll need it in the future if you have problems with Leopard, too, or if you want to sell the machine.

OP
R
Reaction score
I plan to do just that, but he doesn't live nearby (I've only seen him once in the last five years or so). Let me ask a slightly different question, for anyone who has Vista running on a macbook pro: What is your audio device listed as? Is there a manufacturer or something?

Thanks for all the help...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.