Boot Camp: Cannot boot to Windows.

Reaction score
I've installed Windows XP via Boot Camp on a small partition on my Macbook. The installation went A-OK.

However, when I turn on my Macbook and hold the option key, only the Macintosh HD shows up. The thing is, I can boot into Windows perfectly fine if I insert my Windows install disc and choose it a start-up instead of Macintosh HD. If I ignore the message prompting me to press any key to boot to the installer, it will boot to my Windows install. This is the only way I can do it. The partition I've installed Windows XP on shows up on my OS X desktop, as will as in Startup Disk in System Preferences.

So, how can I get the Windows XP option to show at start-up?

Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Try this........

Do you have a boot camp icon in Windows control panel? Can you access boot camp configuration when your using OSX? I think it may be a configuration problem that must be solved through OSX. Select your boot preference through OSX and reboot and see if the disks show up in bootcamp menu. If they don't show up you may have to re instal boot camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Ok. A basic question. Are you using 10.4 or 10.5?

Secondly are you sure the installation of xp was complete last time?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.